“While innovation need not be something completely new, it has to be something substantially improved.”
New Textiles, a spin-off company from the University of Minho incorporated in 2008, is a pioneer in the field of technical and functional textiles and in developing materials that are biologically active on human skin.
Product Research and Development is the company’s main sphere of excellence, as the products that are designed comprise advanced chemical and textile engineering solutions, with effective results in preventing and fighting skin ailments and lesions.
New Textiles seeks to be a world benchmark in technical and functional textiles, with high-performance products adapted to every customer’s needs.
“We innovate today to respond to future needs.”
- Creation of the Company
- Development of the first product line – Clothing for skin problems – eczema
- Skintoskin® became a registered trademark
- Start of the clinical study at Braga Hospital (Portugal)
- As part of the NSRF, approved R&D project no. 12030 was spearheaded by New Textiles, with participation from the University of Minho, Nova University of Lisbon (IHMT) and the Portuguese Army.
- Presence at the Spanish Dermatology Congress
- Distribution agreement for markets in the United Kingdom and Spain
- Garnered customers in the German market
- Start of contacts for Registry in the National Health Service (NHS – UK)
- Clinical study with socks for diabetes patients (Portugal)
- Online sales at www.skintoskin.eu
- Agreement concluded with the National Health Servive – NHS (UK)
- Laboratory study with relevant efficacy for insect-repellent textile products
- Braga Hospital (Portugal) clinical study, approved for publication by the Harvard School of Public Health (USA)
- Start of sales in Brazil and in Angola (Insect-Repellent Textile)
- Nopic® became a registered trademark
- Partnership with the Portuguese Army for conducting field tests using clothing treated with New Textiles repellent solution
- Sales authorization issued by the DGS (Directorate-General for Health) for Nopic® Anti-Insect Spray
- Partnership with a customer for marketing Skintoskin® products in the U.S. market
- Opening of the first laundry in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro) for immunizing clothing (insect repellent treatment)